TOMATOES TO ATTACK!!!
DATE: AUGUST 29
BUS DEPARTURE: CEMENTERY EXPLANADE
The last Wednesday of August of 1945, a prank of some guys during a popular parade caused a battle royal. There was a market stall of vegetable that served as a supply of ammunition for the commotion that had been formed. The following year, the youths repeated the altercation; but this time they brought the ammunition from home … TOMATOES! Without knowing it, the kids made history. His prank had become a popular celebration until in 2002 La Tomatina de Buñol was declared a Festival of International Tourist Interest by the Secretaría General de Turismo.
- It is held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of festivities of Buñol.
- La Tomatina begins at 11.00am with a bang and ends at 12.00am on point with another.
- Do not enter bottles or hard objects because you can cause an accident or damages to your battle’s fellows.
- Do not tear or throw your T-shirts nor others T-shirts.
- Squash the tomatoes before throwing them, the hit will be less painful.
- Keep a safe distance of the lorries.
- Stop to throw tomatoes when you hear the shot of the second warning firework.
- Follow the security staff directions.
- No entrance is allowed to anyone with a backpack, bag, camara or any other object that may cause harm.